Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Summer Vacation at Crystal Cove









It's taken a little while to get these pictures onto the blog, but we wanted to post some shots taken while staying at the Crystal Cove Beach Cottages. Crystal Cove State Beach is just a few miles north of Laguna Beach in Orange County, CA. There are some cottages there that are to die for. It's practically gladitorial combat to get a reservation, but Holly managed to snag three nights in mid-August. My parents joined us for some fun in the sun and plenty of lounging on the deck. Of course, with three little boys lounging may not be quite the right word. I needed a few days to recover from the vacation, but it was still a choice time at the beach! Oh one more thing: the cooler Ethan is reaching into was holding, among other things, a sizeable assortment of cookies. He really was caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Looks like such a wonderful place, I felt how great it was through the pictures! Your boys are so handsome - Joseph looks like I remember Jackson looking as a baby! I still can't get over Ethan's beautful blonde hair!

Beverlee Orluske said...

Oh, the photo of the two of you looks great! I am getting better with the newer type of camera!
The photos from Crystal Cove surely capture the relaxation while there, even with 3 busy boys!!

We will need to select some prime dates and make arrangements for next year! Water time will be fun for everyone!

Sending love to all of you from Grammy and Gramps

Holly said...

Tracy -
We've been going to Crystal Cove Beach since we moved here and found out about the cabins a year or so ago - they are pretty awesome! Thanks for the kind words about the boys - yeah, Joseph does sometimes remind my of Jackson at that age...and Ethan's blonde hair is fun!
Mom -
I'm glad you like the new photo of E&I - I do too - and THANKS for taking it! :) We may not be super-photo takers but we capture what we can while still enjoying the moments. I'm going to go for it next month to see if I can snag something in April '08! We'd love to have you and Dawn and fam come out and hang at the beach! :)
Love ya!

Katie said...

What a fun vacation! And I like the fact that you didn't have to go very far.

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Hi Holly... okay first of all i'm so envious.. I've been trying to snag a reservation for almost 5 months now and I try on the first of the month and I still haven't managed to get one. It looks like so much fun and I think I will be on the phone at 7:50 to make sure I grab one. I also wanted to say that your boys are adorable.. They are total cuties. It looks like they had a great time. Your pictures look awesome and it looks like you had a great time. Thanks for posting on my blog and I hope you don't mind but I want to add you to my list..

Holly said...

Aracely,

Thanks so much for you post - and we don't mind being added at all! (I feel a little sheepish in that we just added you to ours without asking first - so sorry!) We visited the blog before but hadn't been able to post since we hadn't opened our own Google account!) Well...lesson learned! :) BTW - I'll email you some things I've picked up regarding Crystal Cove and hopefully that will help in your future attempts to snag something!) Chat soon!